NSW Marine Parks
NSW Marine Estate
The NSW marine estate includes marine protected areas and other oceanic and estuarine waters of the State. A new approach to marine park management will be piloted in Solitary Islands Marine Park and Batemans Marine Park.
For more information on the marine estate please visit www.marine.nsw.gov.au.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Decision announced on fishing amnesty in NSW marine parks
The NSW Government has announced its decision on the recreational fishing amnesty in NSW marine parks . Based on the Marine Estate Expert Knowledge Panel’s advice, together with further consideration of social values, the NSW Government proposes to:
- rezone 10 sites from sanctuary zone to habitat protection zone to make shore-based recreational line fishing lawful, and to continue the amnesty at these sites until the rezoning process is finalised.
Information on these 10 sites is available on the webpages for Cape Byron, Solitary Islands, Port Stephens–Great Lakes and Batemans marine parks.
The amnesty has been removed from all 20 remaining sites and enforcement of sanctuary zone rules has recommenced. Information on these 20 sites is available on the webpages for Cape Byron, Solitary Islands, Port Stephens–Great Lakes, Jervis Bay and Batemans marine parks.
All forms of fishing are prohibited in sanctuary zones and significant penalties apply including on-the-spot fines of up to $500.
For more information, please visit the NSW Marine Estate website at www.marine.nsw.gov.au or contact your local Marine Park office.
- 5 Sept 2014 - Plastic is not so Fantastic
- Jervis Bay Marine Park April School Holiday Program
- 8 Jan 2014 - Free family fun day to explore marine life at Diggers Camp
- 8 Jan 2014 - Learn about your blue backyard in Marine Discovery Series at Grafton